fredag den 2. marts 2012

Victorian stuff is in?

Hi there again my little blog, here's some questions that I have been asking myself about victorian stuff...

As we know I LOVE my pocketwatches and photograph them all the time. And as soon as I submit some of the photos after a little photoshoping, people goes nuts over them immediately! O__o

Just yesterday when I uploaded the picture with my silver pocketwatch with cherryblossoms, I got two faves, and two watchers RIGHT after I submitted it xD I'm like "wow chill people, do you seriously love pocketwatches so bad?!"


And then it came to me, that maybe people is getting more and more interrested in victorian stuff, because it's getting more and more normal to buy pocketwatches, and other victorian fashioned jewelry, clothes and much more in every shop around...
As an eksample I have bought my silver pocketwatch in the jewelry store called Glitter, and my golden one in a shop called X-tra, and yes X-tra is a shop with very cheap stuff, so it's kinda weird... O__o

Maybe it's becasue that fashion goes round in one big circle as always, and now it has come to the victorian/edwardian time? Or maybe people on Deviantart just go crazy about the new Sherlock series on BBC, and think that Sherlock normally lived in the 18-hundreds, and then think that they have to love everything victorian/edwardian. You know I do, so why not? ^^

I don't know, I just think it's weird. ^^''


Oh but wait a minutte, when I already have mentioned the new Shelock series, then why not tell a bit more about it? x3



First of all I LOVE this series! (and it's theme).
Especially because they have done such a great job in making a new Sherlock in the 20th century ^^ And also because Benedict Cumberbatch is doing such a great job as the Sociopath Mr. Sherlock Holmes.
I also really like the humor in the series, it makes me LOL everytime x'D
But well... okay there is one thing I don't like about the series... WHY THE HELL DO THEY STOP THE LAST EPISODES IN THE SERIES THAT DRAMATICALLY!? 
I HATE CLIFFHANGERS!! ><''
Especially when it will take a long time before they even start filming again! Atleast a year or so, because the actors have lots of other movies to make. -.-''
In my opinion, if you are in a series, you should'nt do anything else, because exactly THAT will happen, and that's so unfair to the fans! Dx

Fun thing is, that the season 2 of thew BBC series, AND the new Sherlock Holmes movies with Robert Downey Jr. as Sherlock, both have endid now with the Reichenbach Falls!! ARG! THAT IS MY FAVORITE PART!! I can't wait to see bot Dr. Watsons' faces when they find out their Sherlock Survived xD it's the best part in the Sherlocki Stories...

The new movies Sherlock Holmes are good to.

 
I think they are pretty nice, but they don't follow the real stories exactly, but it kinda gives some new fresh air to the stories, and when we (sherlockians) atleast know what's going on, it's fine with me :)
The relationship between Sherlock and Watson is also splendid in these movies! xD



But you know, I still think that the best actor, that have played Sherlock ever is Jeremy Brett from the older series from 1980's. ^^


I believe that it is the closest you will ever get to see the real Sherlock Holmes.


So this was what I have been thinking about for some time ^^ Why the victorian/Edwardian Style is getting popular again, and also that Sherlock Holmes Is great no matter what xD

Ingen kommentarer: